View Single Post
Old 04-09-07, 02:40
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: John

Please forgive me for not answering you earlier; it's been a bloody long day.

Thank you for your input and perspective here, John. I'm especially happy to hear that you're going to be sitting down with Ian at Corowa shortly.

I do have one question for you, though, at least at this time. Your statement:
Quote:
Congratulations Richard Green, you appear to be the only person to take the time to study all that has been written on the subject of tracked vehicles at Corowa 08, by people in the know, that being Khaki Vehicle Enthusiasts Incorporated (KVE Inc).
.... seems a trifling demeaning to all those who've given this some thought based upon their own past experience in such matters. It in fact suggests that no one except Richard has any idea what he's talking about, including Ian himself.

Furthermore, it seems in direct contradiction to your later statement:
Quote:
KVE Inc appreciates this input from Ian. All the information on the MLU thread and additional information from Ian, has been gratefully received by KVE Inc.
.... which seems to instead acknowledge and accept their various opinions as legitimate.

A small thing I know, but would you care to clarify, please? I'm sure everyone would like to put this distasteful business behind us and just get on with things.

Thanks again,

Geoff

PS: Oh yes, just one more small point, then I really must be off. It seems from your statement:

Quote:
I do not wish to continue debating this matter regularly on this forum...... I only look at the MLU site once a week or so as time allows.
.... that you have in fact chosen to disregard the simple truth that many of the individuals you purport to represent have long adopted Maple Leaf Up as their communications vehicle of choice. I, as the creator and owner of MLU and their webmaster to-boot, am of course delighted to offer these services to any with interest in related fields, and they are in turn free to use these services to discuss any issues related to their hobby.

This, of course, is the whole point behind having a forum to begin with.

My point is that they will continue to debate any matter of concern to them, as often as they wish, with my blessing; whether or not you choose to follow those debates as they evolve, or participate in even just the ones which may concern you, is your business. My business is providing my membership with just such an open platform, and I will continue to encourage them to use it as they will. If you happen to miss something because you choose to ignore this interaction, I'm afraid I can't help you.

Oh, and John? It must have slipped your mind, but you are on the Forum far more than 'once a week or so'. As a service to our membership, I have a world-wide network of staff who monitor Login IDs and IP addresses pretty much 24/7, due to seemingly never-ending attempts by hackers and spammers to gain access and promulgate their filth. We know who's on and when they're on, at any given time.

GWB