View Single Post
Old 17-09-07, 10:15
Armour Owner x 3

Default Re: Re: Re: G'day Doug!

Geoff

Quote:
others... I DO get at least a 150 of the buggers a day now. They scooped 'sunray' off the website and I'm screwed...
Yeah, they mined my email address too, but about 6 months ago my ISP put in a spam filter and I must say it is very effective. I have yet to hear of it filtering out any genuine emails!

Quote:
I'm not going to tread in that minefield either, except to say that in my experience, the acronym K.I.S.S. seems to apply in almost all cases. Hell, if it can work in the army...
Back to topic:
Lets pursue the Beltring example further and do a bit of crystal ball gazing.
If Corowa/KVE are having growing pains over the need to accomodate armour (a fundamental if niche part of the military vehicle hobby), then they are going to have a pink fit when the re-enactors start swamping them.
Beltring will welcome with open arms anyone who pays at the gate: but what will happen at Corowa when the re-enactors start showing up in increasing numbers and want to stage scenes from the Norman conquest of Britain through to Iraq 2007? I hear the US War of Independance is quite popular with the Aussie re-enactors at the moment!
Never happen.........?

As people fall out of the MV hobby their vehicles come up for sale, re-enactors are increasingly buying MVs as accessories to their hobby, the vehicle is the accessory NOT the focus of their hobby.

A quick look at the US and British scene will show that the MV hobby is pretty static numbers wise, but re-enactment is all
the rage!
The shape of things to come in Oz? Our society usually follows
what occurs in America and Britain/Europe.......

Quote:
Methinks Beltring survives only because of the people and in spite of its self-styled bureaucracy. Yes indeed, many lessons to be learned from that...
Its survival is as you state, but also due to the ideal location, amount of land, amenities (snicker), easy access (that train station at Paddock Wood) and so it goes on.

Interesting times.

Regards
Doug