View Single Post
Old 29-08-13, 07:09

Hi Eric,
I have seen photo's of stretcher jeeps pulling trailers and wondering why they would have trailers.Now I know.That's interesting that all stretcher jeeps weren't RCAMC.
My jeep is being done exactly to a wartime photo of a RCAMC stretcher jeep taken at Vaucelles,France July 20,1944.I know for sure the W.D. number CM4233488,that it belongs to the 7th infantry brigade,3rd Canadian infantry division(thanks to Clive)And after looking at many photo's of the jeep,I have a clear picture on my wall that with a magnifying glass,shows the front fender stencilling to be;
B28 and F28.The only thing I was unsure of was what unit of the RCAMC the jeep belonged to.I have painted the unit sign to the 75,14 field ambulance RCAMC.If at a later date I find information that it was one of the other 2 units then it will be easy to repaint a new unit number in the black rectangle background.The restoration is going better this week.Last week was a disaster when everything I touched went wrong,breaking my spirit and walking away from it for a few days! I am hoping to get it done by this fall but won't push it! Thanks for the help and will post progress pictures soon.
Regards,Derk.
1943 Bantam T-3 1/4 ton trailer
BSA folding airborne bicycle ser#R5325 (early)