View Single Post
Old 23-06-14, 11:40
BSM

Default Throttle linkage etc.

G'day once again Phil and many thanks for the wordy response including the pics. As you say....a Chev is a Chev is a Chev etc. All very interesting and now one has to weigh up just how much of a purist one needs to be on such a project. As there is a need to get some benefit back from the time and dollars put in, the post War engine seems to fit the short term bill! I was hoping to have the tractor towing the Bofors in a major Anzac Day parade last April but the ongoing mechanical problems with the motor prevented that from happening. Also there is only so much time you can put into volunteer pursuits etc. apart from one's personal interest in the subject.
Yes I would also appreciate a couple of pics from your site if you get the time to put them up or alternatively you could PM me a few higher res images.
Strangely enough I found the makeshift arrangement which is a modified original linkage and I will include a pic with a temporary install. Not bad for a quick fix but certainly not as mechanically sound as the two variants that you have produced but a simple stop gap until a more professional result can be fabricated. Something else I just picked up on and that is the absence of the 1/4inch post for the 2 linkage springs under the manifold. This is being made at the moment using the one attached to the discarded engine as a pattern. Also including an early restoration pic of the Tractor when it was powered by the post war car engine at a display for our local branch of the Dept. of Veteran Affairs etc. which will give you a better idea of the project. It has been taken back to chassis and rebuilt. Nearing completion at this time. Thanks and regards.... Rod
Attached Thumbnails
MLU6.jpg   Blitz.jpg