View Single Post
Old 30-03-19, 18:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Fedak View Post
This past week there was an unofficial meet and eat at one of the local food buffet venues for about fourteen Historic Military Vehicle owners and re-enactors in Ottawa. There were more past members of OMVA than currently active members of OMVA in attendance. The conversation turned to many things about OMVA, including why folks were no longer members. The topic of valued added services came up. There was general consensus that one of the best value added services that the new executive of OMVA could do would be to act as the co-ordinating body for those with Historic Vehicle plates:

(OREG 628)
“historic vehicle” means, a motor vehicle that,
(a) is at least 30 years old,
(b) is operated on a highway in parades, for purposes of exhibition, tours or similar functions organized by a properly constituted automobile club or for purposes of repair, testing or demonstration for sale,
(c) is substantially unchanged or unmodified from the original manufacturer’s product, and
(d) does not have attached to it year-of-manufacture plates

This is the one area that OMVA could act as a co-ordinating body when the Historic Military Vehicle is operated on a highway in parades, for purposes of exhibition, tours or similar functions organized by a properly constituted automobile club.

So now we have a value added service that could be done by OMVA, that would be of value to everyone in Ontario, not just those in the GTA.

It was noted in the previous threads on MLU, that in other provinces, the local Historic Military Vehicle groups do this service.

Ref: http://mapleleafup.net/forums/showpo...3&postcount=13

I suggest a complete read through the following thread. (when I last checked. This thread had 38,544 views, so it is a subject of much interest)

Ref: http://mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24520

It should be noted that at the unofficial meet and eat, that those who were no longer OMVA members, or were perhaps/maybe/sorta interested in joining OMVA, that this value added service by OMVA would make it worth while to join OMVA.

My recommendation would be for OMVA to focus on value added services that would be of benefit to all of those in Ontario. The addition of co-ordinating events such as in parades, for purposes of exhibition, tours or similar functions organized by a properly constituted automobile club, would be a great OMVA value added service. Who knows, I may even join OMVA for this service…..

Regards, Stuart

Stuart, you appear to have raised an issue about regional bias, in particular with the manner that you commented on what you believe is a GTA centric concern.

I have a suggestion:

Stuart Fedak for an OMVA executive position responsible for recognizing and cordinating regional chapters that brings each local organization an opportunity to enter under the umbrella of the OMVA if that local entity so chooses.

Could Stuart be assigned the regional chapters portfolio with a view to reviewing and reporting how the applicable Ontario Regulation covering historic vehicle permits and their use has impacted local events?

I ask, as I wonder how the specific regulation has affected events such as the Tulip Festival, former Coe Hill parades, and other regional show events in Eastern Ontario as well as the rest of Ontario?
__________________________________________________ ______________

I expect once our venting over the process of a recently proposed logo change has been satisfactorily resolved, the club executive can continue to build on the good work performed these past four years. Has that been four years without a complaint?

Keep up the good work.

Disclaimer: I am not a member of the OMVA.

Last edited by Michael R.; 06-04-19 at 13:40.