View Single Post
Old 29-10-15, 13:37
Tony Baker

Hi Rick,

Probably only mentioned it in passing. Just wanted something to drag behind the truck when it's finished. Some aspects are similar in appearance to 25 pdr, but only to a glance. Have always liked those guns as my very favourite, so I had a natural attraction to that style.
Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc_0672-resized-960.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	77045 Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc_0702-resized-960.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	77046 Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc_0121-resized-960.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	77047
Most things will be made from scratch, including the trails. They will be taken to my welding friend, for him to attach steel plate onto both sides of each leg. The barrel consists of sections from a light pole. Breech block I made myself, and the handle (to be shortened) does open and close the loading mechanism. The oil can holder I threw together over a couple of weekends, after I found a reasonably acceptable can at the local swap. As you can see, nothing is spot-on, but it'll do.
Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc_0069-resized-960.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	77048 Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc_0103-resized-960.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	77049
When I come across genuine parts I can afford, I grab em. Always scanning ebay for anything I can use. Recent acquisitions include the telescope and tube you see above, and a genuine 25pdr seat.

A fellow MLU member took pity and sent me dimensions for the shield. A real 25pdr in a local park gets occasional visits, for me to measure other bits and pieces.

See next post..