View Single Post
Old 01-09-09, 10:39
MLU Administrator

Nice buy for anyone in Canada, go for it!

Quote:
CMP C60L Chev 1944 and 1945 Trailer
Vehicle Description
1944 Canadian Military Pattern CMP, 3 Ton and 1945 10 CWT Trailer.

I've decided to downsize my collection and therefore, regrettably, I am auctioning off the following package.

VEHICLE: 1944 Chevrolet 3 Ton CMP C60L
Vehicle Model: C-60488-M-GS-15
Chassis Number: 3844335159
Chassis Model: C-60443-L-W
Engine: 235 Cu. In.
Mfd. Date: May 3 1944

The C60L you are currently looking at is featured on “Maple Leaf Up” under “Vehicles”. It was purchased and shipped to Vancouver and has been here since 2005. The truck appeared at the Grand Opening of the New Canadian War Museum in Ottawa, jam packed with Veterans.
Since arriving in Vancouver, this vehicle has participated in a multitude of parades and displays throughout the Vancouver area always with a World War Two Veteran riding as a passenger. We were also honoured during a Remembrance Day Parade to have 86 year old Dick Pierce of the Royal Winnipeg Rifles ride in the observers hatch to the extreme delight of spectators and himself. Dick drove a 3 Ton CMP onto the D Day beaches on D Day plus three.
Now for some vehicle details… As mentioned the engine is a 235 Cu. In. with an original 15,500 miles. It is still in 6 volt mode and starts and runs like a charm. Probably due for a tune up though. The battery is new this summer and is the maximum 6 volt model, (Industrial). The master cylinder was replaced, (thanks to Dan Caldwell). Brake shoes on the front are good however; the back ones will need to be replaced sometime in the future.
The transmission and clutch are all fine. The 4 wheel drive has been taken off the vehicle but, I will provide that mechanism with the sale.
This model is also very rare as it comes with the 20,000 lb power take off winch. The original cable is still in the drum however, the "eyelet” end was broken off and I still have it to go with the vehicle.
The tires currently on the vehicle are 11:00 X 20’s, (regular size should be 10:50 x 20’s), and with this sale I will also include the original 10:50 X 20’s WWII Chevron Pattern Tires.
The window curtains are included in the auction. Some new plastic inserts could be added to clean them up. Also included with the truck are the following.
· Six POW cans – no keys for the locks.
· Large tow rope on the front of the vehicle
· Maintenance Manual
· Spare parts Manual
· Canvas Top
Overall the vehicle is in extremely great shape for its age. It is currently licensed and insured in British Columbia, Canada and has been stored in a heated airplane hangar.
What this baby needs is someone to do a little TLC restoration on it, including wiring. You won’t find a better, almost museum quality piece, to work and play with. It’s definitely… without a doubt… A real show stopper!!

The 10 CWT G.S. Trailer.
To finish off your CMP collection, as part of and included in this auction, is a 10 CWT G.S. metal tub trailer. Now this trailer is extremely RARE, as I know of three existing ones in Canada.
The unit is designed to be towed by either a CMP or Jeep. So if you have the jeep and you buy this package, you’re set for life!
The frame is original and the body tub is a reproduction. It comes with the canvas tarp and is also equipped with standard 4 prong, 12 volt trailer light. The lights on the back are currently held on with magnets and can be easily removed.
The unit also comes with a copy, (not original), maintenance manual.

Buyer is responsable for obtaining quotes for shipping and or pick up!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask but for God’s Sake, look at the photos first before asking.
REMEMBER this is a package deal for BOTH items. Good Luck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	!BZcNkmQBmk~$(KGrHgoOKkQEjlLmTodMBKmuI)NCOw~~_3.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	29884