View Single Post
Old 19-08-05, 09:26
Vets Dottir

Default For Mark Tonner.

Hi Mark ... (Tonner, of course )

Every so often I go back to these threads of history ... which happen to be family history for me ... The 1944 POWS thread, and this one ... I don't know if you understand that "I" understand what an invaluable help you've been to me, every step of the way.

That I haven't used all of my learned knowledge from you, and others, in here, doesn't mean I won't do so. At the moment I feel like an idiot and don't quite know how to put together, all I've learned, all this information, into something for others to read and learn about ... truthfully, I feel so beneath the task ... but beneath the task or not, I will try and pull some of the information together at least well enough to write it down so others can learn appreciation and respect ... for my Uncles, and other relations, and in general, understand how certain positives in their lives were bought by soldiers ...

Many Left-Coasters and Left-thinkers in general, would be horrified to wake up and realize that their demand and indulgences ... were bought by war and soldiers who shed limbs, blood, lives ...

Somehow ... I've always known, from an extremely young age, that someone else paved the way for the roads I travelled ... and so on ...

Karmen.