Thread: stuck clutch
View Single Post
Old 07-11-05, 02:23
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: The Ultimate Stuck Clutch

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Sierant
Fellas this clutch is stuck solid though it worked fine 5 months ago. The truck is a F15A with no low range. just the front axle engage of the transfer.
Here is my attempts after advise from MAX

Loaded the trucks water tank that hold 1200 litres and tied with a snatch strap to a Hilux 4 x 4 locked in low range first. I took off in the Blitz clutch pedal to the floor. All I ahieved is about 15 feet of draging the hilux before the engine stalled.

Next added a pajero 4 x 4 to the back of the Hilux with the wife standing on the brakes. The result, managed to move the combined wieght about 7.5 feet befor the engine stalled and the clutch was still stuck. The Hilux now has a much bigger loadbed but is a little narrow in the mid section.

Drove around the paddocks for about 7 hours spraying my weeds without a clutch when I decided to Have another go. I tied the Blitz to a big old yelow box tree with a doubled up snatch strap, I had about 20m clearance to the fence at full lenght of the strap. I tried driving forward in first a couple of time with my foot on the clutch to the floor, nothing happened.

I got enthusiastic about freeing the clutch backed back to the tree and took of with both pedals flat to the floor in second.
And then it happened I broke the sound Barrier in a Blitz and went supersonic.
The strap streched to its limit and then some more I blacked out I think at this point because the next thing I knew I was in my neighbours paddock. The blitz had accelerated to Mack 1 according to the neigbours. They all heard the Crack and I had launched through a dip and only broken the top two wires on the fence so about 2.5 feet of the ground in a Blitz.

Well the strap was 40 foot long now all I can find is about 5 feet of it. This piece had slowed down as it cut through the Poly fittings on the pump on the rear of the Blitz and dented the tank.

The Clutch is still stuck.

Anyone got any other ideas ( not you Max)

Hhhmmmmmm....
First...What makes the clutch "Stick"..??
Throw out(ReleaSE)bearing stuck or disintigrated and not pushing on the pressure plate.??
Springs gone in the pressure plate..??
Clutch stuck to the pressure plate??
Not releasing from the transmission output shaft..??
Not engaging the output shaft??
Sounds like a "rip 'em out and fix 'em" job to me...
Start here..

NOw get this out...
Attached Images