View Single Post
Old 06-07-17, 03:24
GM Fox I

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco View Post
Bruce,

Thanks for identifying the ZA18471.

I attached a photo from cover ZA41530 , maybe that clearifies the matter.
On the top of the cover are two "chimneys", most likely meant for putting through two antenna's.
The cover is larger in all directions compared to ZA18471, so I don't think it is from a 19-set.

Marco
Talking with another MLUer about 19 set covers, he asked whether I knew what 19 set cover was used in a Mk.II carrier. I can't recall ever seeing one in use or even in a sketch. For a lark, I took my Cover No.29 out to my Mk.I carrier to see if it would fit a 19 set located in the front of the rear right compartment, tight up against the division plate. The cover is exactly the right depth and height, but about an inch too wide...however the top of the cover is fiber board so could be meant to rest on either side (the engine cover on the left and the rolled lip on the right) making a shelter for the set. In a Mk.II 19 set installation the set has the supply unit stacked on the sender/receiver and the variometer is above that so any cover would not rest on the set itself.

The Cover No.29 has two vinyl tubes on the top that would be for the A and B aerial leads and there are three openings at the back that match the ones needed for the control unit 12 point cables.

Is the Cover No.29 possibly for a Mk.II Bren Carrier?