View Single Post
Old 18-10-17, 16:47
carrier mech

As I mentioned, it could well be a short or it could be a bad flasher. Quite frankly, I would say the odds are 50/50.

You will want to find wire no 460/461 as that is power in to the harness. On the M151A2, the fuse was installed ion the harness near the controller by cutting the wire and installing an inline fuse of 5 amps in that location. But the M151A2 had the harness integral to the main harness. On the Cdn2 and Cdn3 the harness was an add on, so there will be a source of power near to the end of the harness. Find the little tag 460-461 and unplug it. Now you can splice or if you have the material to install the rubber plugs on each end of the inline fuse, you can do it that way. I can tell you though that in service, it would have been cut and a couple blue crimp on connectors used on each end of the inline fuse.

Now when you install your flasher, if the fuse blows on operation of the controller arm, you will know hopefully on which side of the harness to be looking (left or right). If it doesn't blow and the signals work fine, then it was your flasher unit, but you now have the extra security of that fuse in the circuit.

There is a breaker within the light switch that controls all the lighting circuits, but if I recall correctly it is 20 or 25 amps. A little too much juice for the signal circuit to handle I guess.