View Single Post
Old 30-01-13, 16:58

The weather in Wales Uk is rain, rain and wind so more time for me in the workshop. I had to go and find some steel channel to remake the floor struts in the cab, so as the next day was Sunday and i was off to a militaria show i decided to have a look at the drivers side floorpanel, that holds the excelerator pedal. As you can see by the pictures, who ever tried to weld a repair patch in didnt, have much success. As for the pedal, well that had been repaired by welding a standard hinge to it.

The plate was easy to repair, I just cut it back until I came to good metal and welded a patch in. After a little grinding and fiddling about, it was looking good.

The pedal on the other hand was a tad more complex. I had thought of making a complete new one but I have decide to, where possible, use what is left of the existing vehicle. I havn't got a complete unit and I dont exactly know how it should look but from what was left of the knackered end of the old one I had a few clues. So a bit of welding, a bit of grinding, a bit of drilling and I turned a new pivot pin and there you have it. I think it looks quite good. All i need to do is shotblast it and give it a coat of paint.

The next job is to replace the floor struts that have been cut out. But thats tomorrows job.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00758.jpg   DSC00763.jpg   DSC00785.jpg   DSC00784.jpg   DSC00783.jpg