View Single Post
Old 12-07-16, 23:02

The front observation hatch had at some time, been re-made using the original strengthening components and latch but it wasn't very good, so a new one was made again using any original components. The hatch inner and out surrounds were original but all the other associated parts were missing.

When I first started I made the petrol can holder on the passengers side to suit the German 20ltr type cans and then decided that it was wrong so I have altered it and made a new holder for the 1 gallon type containers.

Other components completed are, the battery box and lid, rifle clips and but holders, petrol tanks and pretty well any other parts that needed making. There is still a small pile of original components that need stripping and repairing but on the whole everything is there. Apart that is for one thing, the radiator expansion container that is bolted to the front passengers wing. I have never seen one close up and need dimensions, and pictures. How do you gain access inside it? what are the fittings like? infact, any details would be very much appreciated.

So the chassis is complete and ready to go into another building while I prepare and spray the body ready for the two to be mated back together.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC02713.jpg   DSC02715.jpg   DSC02716.jpg   DSC02717.jpg