View Single Post
Old 13-07-17, 03:43
GM Fox I

As an impressionable young lad of about 16 years old (although I did own my MB already) it was the Paisley show that cemented my love of CMPs and carriers. At the show was Steve Alford's carrier, somebodies 13 cab F15A painted desert yellow with a dark green mickey mouse pattern and your C15A wireless that I ended up buying. Somewhere I still have photos of the event I'll try and dig out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Cardy View Post
Bruce,
Processed and printed my own B&W film back then..Jeez…who could afford colour..

Very nice to see the 83-385 on the door of the radio van. Going to follow up on that for sure.

Never discovered that as I had done a quick repaint of the whole vehicle after the valve job...using Duck Hunters Brown paint purchased at the Canadian Tire store in Port Elgin. A surprisingly close match and semi-matt to boot.

The box was a bit Tatty after being rescued from a wrecking yard..and the cab and chassis was post war glossy green. So the quick repaint really tied things together.

Now it can be told…the paint was still wet the next morning for the Paisley Rally and Parade.

Here it is as found..about a half hour drive from Paisley. Parked out the back of a man's place.. after the engine died.

He told me it had come out of a Borden auction. He had thrown away the useless radio box and substituted a more useful one from a pick-up truck.
Plywood sides for hauling firewood and sections of galvanized culvert for rear fenders..

Totally stock ..still had the original tires and side curtains.. but the round canvas roof hatch cover was long gone.

That little boy is now in his mid 40's…and the father of two..

God help us.

Wonder where your jeep ended up.

Dennis.