View Single Post
Old 25-07-11, 12:10
Tony Baker

Default Bob

That's the color I will be using. It is actually a bit darker in real life. Also, my local automotive paint shop has no vintage military formulae and expressed no interest in rectifying the issue. They will create from formula containing their tinters (Protec variety) if formula is supplied to them. This color is a standard mix.

Why did you expect Khaki Green 3?

I chose this color because its a green which I find appealing and it is easily obtained in a number of forms. It is a standard colorbond color which can be picked up from any hardware or paint store, and is available pre-made in acrylic & enamel. I can simply buy a spray can if needing to touch-up anywhere other than on main panels.

Some restorers choose to debate and argue which color is the 'right' one for their vehicles, and if historical accuracy is the desire, that debate is certainly warranted, but that particular aspect of the build does not interest me. It's the physical quality that I will be concentrating on. Color is my choice. After all, If there is a 'right' color for any particular type of vehicle or theatre, then there must be an awful lot of paint colors seen that are wrong.

You can supply the dash in primer if you wish, or spray with Cottage Green Colorbond color, from local paint shop or hardware. Acrylic preferred as I can flatten easily later without causing damage. It's your call!