View Single Post
Old 25-07-11, 13:24
Tony Baker

Default Bob

Thanks very much, I appreciate that. Getting income tax done on Thursday, so will be cashed up in coming week or two.

I didn't intend any offence or disrespect with the reply to your post.

I don't suppose you have a copy of the KG3 formula for Protec you can send me??

If I can get a satisfactory undertaking from the paint shop staff, or find an alternative shop in the next town (40min from my place) I might rethink the decision if ongoing supplies will be consistently available & accurate in tint. Still like the idea of being able to take a can off the shelf and use without mucking around.

I always try to plan ahead and head off potential problems where possible. The local paint shop (only one in town with auto paint) don't give me good vibes as to their skill/ability or desire to assist.

I was quite suprised how easy the Protec was to apply. Apparently this is one of it's known benefits. Last time I painted a vehicle, it was in a now defunct (I have been told) paint brand called Spies Hecker. Protec sprayed well, with good buildup and quick coverage. I contacted Protec customer service today and will try flattening base at 10-15% next time.

Bad dental pain tonight. Had 1x extraction at 1730hrs & anaestetic now worn off. I left my Tramal pain tablets at the office too. I wonder if the scarf with hot water bottle treatment, as seen in old movies, really works. Ask me tomorrow.

Don't forget to floss, people.