View Single Post
Old 29-07-11, 10:43
Tony Baker

Default Bob, Thanks for the info!

Bob,

Thanks for the formula information. Very good of you to obtain that for me, and your previous offer to arrange supply from down there, despite hardly knowing me, was a grand gesture. I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to calling on others, particularly where on-going involvement would be needed on your part, or possibly so. I'm funny with regards to customer service too. Any business can provide good service when things are going well, but true colors show (no pun) when things get rough or some degree of effort is required. I should mention at this point, that the guy I have had replies from Protec, is actually a "technical representitive & trainer" not some raw recruit counter jockey.

You know, of the several sandblasting companies in Gympie, only one is actually proactive and accomodating to needs. Morgan Engineering is that Co. Their main business is heavy truck repair & engineering / fabrication. In theory they would be within their rights to decline the small stuff I have had them involved in, but they actually care & want to be a part of the restoration. I am always asked what progress has been made since last visit. Up to now thats not been much, but I expect that will change as of now.........I plan. They are a family run business and I never feel like i'm imposing, even though I probably am. Pleasure to deal with them or other businesses like them. Likewise, the truck tyre place I took the two 'stuck' tyres to for removal from wheels. The poor sods spent ~45min each to get them off. Told me they were hardest tyres to remove in a very long while. Despite that, they charged me very little, and didn't ban me from bringing them more in future. The boss did ask for a days notice so he could have a valium though. These businesses are in my little town & I really feel this does make a difference too. Sorry city folks!

These businesses, like yourself, will be offered credit space on display board I will make regarding the rebuild, once finished!

I will visit Painters Pit-stop tomorrow and take your formula information, no doubt something can be arranged that will be suitable. I got reply from Protec today, which certainly shows they (correction, the guy that got the message) are not interested in helping me. My question was 'do you have Khaki Green 3' & I also asked of color range for ADF.

Email reply contents as follows:

No
We do not have a formula for this colour
We also do not supply any 601 Army material without ADF approval

Kind Regards

He flattly (pun intended) denied knowledge of the formula/name. Oh well, he can stick his head up a dead bears bum!

Thanks again to you, Mike & others for your patience & advice,

Last edited by Private_collector; 29-07-11 at 10:54. Reason: Addit: