View Single Post
Old 05-05-19, 15:47

Hi David, and Bob,

Thanks for the replies. I will definitely have to visit, as I haven't run into too many people up this way yet that have a similar interest in these old vehicles. Last summer I did make my way out to the Swords and Ploughshares museum in Kars where I met Mike Calnaan and he kindly showed me around his collection, even though it was a drizzly rainy day. The highlight for my wife and 3 year old daughter was getting to go for a ride in his Iltis, as they were both expecting to be only looking at things.
Happily my truck is mostly complete, and I don't have plans to change it much. My main goal at this point is to just get it back on the road, driving safely and looking halfway decent.
Here's a picture of the truck before I started working on it. Currently the wheels are out being sandblasted so that I can put some new Michelin 9.00x16s on it. Coincidentally, when I went to the shop that is doing the blasting for me I spied the bed off a 2.5 ton truck of some sort, apparently belongs to a gentleman from Brockville that has a bit of a collection.

Regards,

Rob
Attached Thumbnails
20171123_235257.jpg