View Single Post
Old 13-08-20, 15:10
Lionel G. Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Bowker View Post
With respect to capacity of caters, if you want to be very conservative, work from gross weight. Otherwise go with the empty weight of the truck. The carrying capacity of the truck (30 cwt) isn't very relevant to the casters as there won't be cargo in the truck while on casters.

The diagram on the right in Hanno's post shows both single and dual wheels (each setup on one side of the truck) which suggests there may have been a choice (unless they were using a generic diagram).
Hello Grant,

Hmmm, I missed the bottom line of the diagram. I grabbed a copy of the image and took it over to "Paint" and magnified it... Yes it does clearly say "dual".

I went through some of my old posts because I thought I had written down the wheelbase measurement beforehand. Due to my lack of success I will measure it again tomorrow once it is light enough.

I just bought a copy of the 1942 Chevrolet 4 x 3 1.5 Ton Truck Maintenance Manual for Right Hand Drive on eBay. I realise that it is the model after my truck and a Lend Lease type. However, the manual will fill in some missing gaps of knowledge about my truck. At least it looks like my truck in the attached photograph.

There is also an Australian Parts Manual by a company starting with "N" that Mike Kelly once mentioned being worthwhile to get. NAPCO or NASCO?

Kind regards
Lionel
Attached Thumbnails
1942 Chev Photo.jpg   1940 Chev GS Truck Holdens.jpg  
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2

Last edited by Lionelgee; 13-08-20 at 15:37.