View Single Post
Old 07-02-18, 17:51

Default Just as I thought.....

Rust in all the usual places.

Nice looking and looks fairly complete.

You might want to take more pictures of the damaged area and canvass a few body shop for a quote. Looks like a heavy dent in the roof area but that would be easier to push it out while still attached to the truck. Both the back wall and the roof section can be removed and bring along to a body shop. I would ask for a full reskin for the back wall..... it will be cleaner and straighter ad probably take less time and$$$..... the top will be more delicate work.

don't panic.....wait until you have it in your backyard....try looking around for a good top you might be lucky. I am sure you will need a few odds and ends as you go along and could do all your searches at the same time.

Remember that skills can be acquired...... too dum not to know that you can't do it something can be an asset....don't limit yourself.....with a CMP you will be doing things you never wold have though you could....... and you will get a good collection of stories and skinned knuckles.

Talk to Jordan in your area and many others..... ask how they did it and go for it. Think of how you will replace the point/condenser....... look at electronic ignition as a more permanent system.

Do you have facilities to work on it...... lying on your back ( get a good comfortable creeper) admiring the intricacies and contemplating your next move. PA will become your best friend.

CMP and OD green is a chronic disease....embrace it.

Good luck

Cheers
Canada