View Single Post
Old 22-11-21, 21:55
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bell View Post
That said... here on LWD website is a nos front panel

https://www.lwdparts.com/product/swi...o-c5-canadian/

Tim
OK, that at least is in reasonable condition - but the price (unless you have a smashed one that you need to replace) is still eye-watering. 75 Euros and with VAT at 20% plus shipping and import duty...

...I think I'll pass on that one.

(Carefully hiding the boxed British one and the spider-infested used one in the cupboard.)

The only sensible think you could do with the eBay example is to find out where the seller dug it up and give it a decent burial - preferably on top of an antipersonnel mine for when they come back after you've left and dig it up again for resale.

My problem is that I remember the original disposal prices from the 1970s.

(Those Power Distribution boards (No.8) from the Larkspur era were under £5 new and boxed - nobody wanted them because they were too big for a Land Rover (being intended for the Humber Pig and larger vehicles) - then they turned up on eBay at £250 from some comedian! They've slipped down in price since and are around £30 - £50 which is a bit more reasonable. (Still too big for most purposes though, and the terminal strip on the front is an accident waiting to happen to the first conductive object.))

Chris.