View Single Post
Old 21-03-18, 09:12

Bob, they would certainly make for a very different BBQ and the name "Vickers " has already been taken.

Howard, I did start to keep track of some hours but after the first 500 or so I just gave up. As it's been just over a year since I first started it would be a couple of thousand by now as there has been many many days of 12+ hours or more but who's counting. Interesting though, I'd be curious what sort of hours some guys would have spent doing their projects if they kept track .

David, I don't think it would cause too much of an issue as there would be quite a bit of weight at the turret basket with two men, radio batteries, Ammo and anything else that was at the bottom. The traversing gear has a hand release brake to stop it turning when not wanted and I would estimate the Cupola at around 100kg. There would be a fair weight at the front as well with the two Vickers guns and I can tell you one thing, I will definitely be at the controls when they do their first powered trial and I will certainly have it video recorded. I am still full of enthusiasm every single day I work on them because they are just so different.