View Single Post
Old 06-08-04, 17:04
MLU Administrator

Default Re: GM Otter light recce car

Quote:
Originally posted by James Gosling
Basically i need all the help i can get
James, welcome to this forum. I see you joined last February, but somehow I missed you first post. I have now merged both your messages into one in an effort to attract some more attention.

Quote:
Originally posted by James Gosling
Does anyone know which Canadian units in NW Europe 1944-45 used the Otter Lrc other than the Engineer field coys?
It is well known they were used in Italy where they did not perform as expected. As far as I know, if they were used in NW Europe, it was in secondary roles only. The thread On a Normandy beach... features a photo of an Otter towing a standard US Army 1-ton trailer, would that be one of the Otters in use with a Engineer field coy?
Quote:
I have been told some were used as FOO vehicles by the artillery with the turrets removed but have no confirming proof. Any info would be great.
I've seen a picture of a turretless Otter in Holland somewhere, I'll make an effort to look it up.
Come to think of it, MLU Forum member Dirk Leegwater has a turretless Otter too! Have you been in contact with him? Seems you two are after the same thing.

Please keep us posted on your progress!

Regards,
Hanno
Attached Images

Last edited by Hanno Spoelstra; 24-03-09 at 22:57. Reason: removed link & added picture