View Single Post
Old 01-09-07, 19:33
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: What's All This About?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Moseley
I don't know what personal or political issues are present here and I don't care. All I want to do is to continue attending Corowa without all this crap.

I have left one club here in Adelaide due to politics and self-interest groups and I am certainly not going to entertain more politics that interfere with my hobby, especially at Corowa.
Thanks for your input, Bob, I'm sure it's appreciated. I'm also sure your curiosity will be satisfied and your questions answered in short order.

Regards the quoted bits above, I'd like to take the liberty to comment.

Knowing all of you as I do (and will continue to do, more of you and better), I am confident that the scope of Corowa has expanded to the point where it's become an entity unto itself, its future only limited by the imaginations of those who choose to attend as either participants or guests.

For 27 consecutive years, this great event has come to define ex-military vehicle collecting in the southern hemisphere, and so it shall continue despite differing points of view; the legions of those who have made it what it is demand no less.

I am sure that your words as written above reflect the majority opinion both here and there, and that ultimately, conflicting perspectives will merge to ensure, as they always have, that the great circle that is Corowa will continue unbroken.

I salute you all and can state categorically that I am proud to have become a part of all this.