View Single Post
Old 24-02-06, 21:03
Derek Heuring

Default Re: BRAVO!

Quote:
Originally posted by EnfieldGuy
Great snipit of information!

Does anyone have any info on importing one of these rifles [to be registered] from the U.S. to Canada?

Apparently, an Enfield EY is $125 "at a Fort Worth gun store," where a launcher cup is around $100 alone.

It is obvious what the better deal is.

Thanks again for the info!

David R. Clark
Saskatoon, SK.

Just to let all know, not just those that pm'd me. Military Gun Supply Inc. of Ft. Worth, Tx. has no more wire wrapped SMLE's with the discharger cup. They sold their last one a while ago. I didn't think they'd last long at that price. I'll keep my eyes and ears open at gun and militaria shows to see if I can find some more. However, It might be problematic to import these to Canada...whoever is in the know of Canadian import regulations might want to apprise everybody of the facts. Don't want anyone to get into trouble.
When my move to the U.S. was imminent I contacted the B.A.T.F. field office in Seattle to get the straight goods on what was legal to bring with me of my then substantial firearm collection...it turned out not much! I couldn't even bring my collection of anti-tank rounds, the Boys, Lahti, and Mauser 1918 rounds as well as my grenade collection all had to remain behind. But considering the alternative: 10 years in a Federal prison and a $10,000.00 fine, I guess it wasn't so bad. I'll keep looking for Enfield EY but for my compatriots in Canada, you'll have to have your paper work in order.

CHIMO!