View Single Post
Old 06-04-16, 04:39

Default What a strange beast.....

No doubt a civilian vehicle speedo..... must be geared for KM with such a high read out...... noticed one gauge is different shade..... maybe a GMC gauge???

Just started playing with my instrument cluster..... the best one by far is a GMC which I plan to use..... a fully rebuilt instrument cluster now retails around $750 US +++

So I plan to transplant a Chev gas gauge into the empty spot in my GMC cluster....... will be shopping for some tan colored paint at a hobby store in town tomorrow. The Tamiya paint line is very exhaustive and availalble in small quantity.

Got a local car window shop to sell me the proper black polyurethane tube of sealer and special glass primer and will try my hands at installing new glass in the refurnished frame.....

Had my brand new wiring harness stretched out on a table for raising my degree of familiarity with the spaghetti like confection. It was hand done by no other than Phil Waterman..... and after checking out against 3 other cab 12 I think we can do it....... and we are planning to use a dummy voltage regulator to dress up the wiring eventhough I will be using a 12 V alternator.

some of the detail work is awesome compared to rebuilding a transfer case....

Cheers
Canada