View Single Post
Old 07-06-19, 09:36
VMVC

Default Australian Ford CMP- two headlight cowl wiring

Good Day All,

Tidied up another loose end- no pun intended, with the cowl wiring for an Australian CMP two headlight cowl.

Finished the small harness from the terminal block to the dip switch thanks to Keith Webb's diagram. Noticed a hole in the splash guard which just begged having a clip there to keep the harness from rubbing on the clutch pedal arm.
Checking two other splash shields all three had an identical hole at the same place so obviously it had some purpose. I will take a punt that it was for a clip for the harness to keep it off the clutch arm.
Without a sample of that harness, I took an educated guess at the wire lengths. Possibly longer than original but they can be shortened if good info comes to hand.

I also fabricated the harness from the terminal block to the lights. I used a very rough original as the pattern which gave me accurate wire lengths. I also added turn signal wires to it with bullet connectors for easy removal should I ever want to remove them.

Although not 100% original it is as close as possible as I could make it. I used fork terminals or ring terminals where required and attached them to the terminal block in the same manner as shown in Keith's diagram. Covered the ring and fork terminals with silicon rubber self-vulcanizing tape.

Original harnesses were covered in a braided sleeve at manufacture but I used bitumen-impregnated cotton loom. Slightly bigger diameter than original harness to accommodate the two extra turn signal wires.

The lower two original unused terminals were just right for the turn signals.

Hope this is of some interest.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0023.JPG   IMG_0067.JPG  

Jacques Reed