Thread: For Sale: C8AX in Australia
View Single Post
Old 09-05-12, 03:27

Default A bit more info.

For those of you who might be interested I thought I better give a few more details.

1943 CA8X Chev fully restored by Mick Estens of Coonabarabran over the last few years (See his thread CA8X Tac Sign in the softskin forum for detailed photos of the restoration). Rebuilt 216 engine, rewired, brakes overhauled, instrument panel rebuilt, running original 6V system with black out light and inter-changable headlight. All seats recushioned and covered in original fabric sourced from Belgium I believe. Has a canvas canopy and frame for the tray all made to original specs.

Repainted in NZ livery with original service number and markings as it was when it saw service in the Pacific theatre in WW2.

Has traveled approx 5000 miles since complete restoration including a run to the NT Truck meet in Alice Springs by Mick in 2011. Since I purchased the vehicle in December 2011 it has been used in and around Texas (Qld) and taken part in ANZAC day celebrations in the region and the odd run to the post office & that's it.

A great little Blitz and in top condition. Comes with original service manual some spare belts and bulbs, canvas windows and period recovery gear.
Avid Military historian & traveller

From Gallipoli and the Somme, Tobruk and Kakoda, through to Timor, the Gulf and now into Afghanistan remember the supreme sacrifice made by other so we can live our lives in peace and freedom, be proud of those who serve. Lest We Forget.