View Single Post
Old 20-12-22, 14:43
MLU Administrator

Default Crooked US star?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Baker View Post
I believe I’ve found definitive proof that the Canadians painted their stars on straight…

All Canadians, whether they have been aware of it or not, are personally acquainted with this man of many moods and misfortunes. For Herbie IS the Canadian Army. He is the ambassador-at-large who almost missed the troop train for Halifax, was less one crown and anchor board on arrival overseas, got lost in the London Underground, drunk in the Queens’s at Aldershot, failed to salute the flag car at Leatherhead, holed up with a simply delightful English family on Exercise Spartan and was unholed by the provost. He was first in the bully beef barter queue in Sicily, thrown for a loss by vino rosso, midwife at a Bambi OS birth in Italy, stubbed his toe on the Normandy beach and became D-Day’s first casualty thereby. He fought and franc’d his way through France and Belgium, fell into an Amsterdam canal, thought V2 fluid was hopped-up Calvados, was brought back to life, cautioned the postal corps to strike him off strength and came home…

Call it fact. Call it fiction. Call it Herbie

Now since Herbie’s truck had a straight painted star, there surely was no conspiracy to paint them crooked, otherwise Herbie would most definitely have been in on it.

The above was inspired by an individual on Facebook who was adamant that the Canadians always painted their star’s crooked.
Jordan, do you reckon Herbie's American cousin Joe Dope had a hand in painting the star on this hull of this US Army Sherman tank?

"Soldiers of B. Coy i.e. Company Argyll Regiment*) advancing into Chong-ju, South Korea, accompanied by U.S. tanks from 89th U.S. Tank Regiment.
Korean telephone exchange blazing in the background."
Click image for larger version

Name:	FL16329535.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	355.4 KB
ID:	131622
Source: http://handle.slv.vic.gov.au/10381/121604

*) (British Army) 1st Battalion, The Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders