View Single Post
Old 22-11-10, 13:03
Tony Baker

Default Bought a F60L over the weekend!

On Saturday I went to look at an F60L which I had been told about. The gentleman was interested in selling, and the vehicle, while not assembled, was complete. It even included a very good tyre carrier / toolbox, pintle and mounting hardware, windscreen frames and even the ORIGINAL door curtains. These are the only curtains I have seen outside of photographs. Their construction was quite different to the ones I have seen photos of, as he frame was made out of round steel as opposed to flat steel rod. I do not believe they are reproduction, as the canvas is showing signs of applicable age and carries the D of D stamp.
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB210024.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	38526 Click image for larger version

Name:	PB210025.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	38527 Click image for larger version

Name:	PB210026.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	38528 Click image for larger version

Name:	PB210027.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	38529

Majority of parts removed from the truck have been stored in shipping containers and are not suffering the deterioration of other Blitz's I have looked at. There are numerous NOS spares, including generator armatures, exhaust pipes and many small parts are still in boxes wrapped with cosmolene (hope that's homw it's spelt).

Even the crank handle and the wheel hub removal tool are included with the sale. I won't be getting the truck until early January 2011.

Re: Headlight reflectors for the 'F15 ', I have ordered reproductions from the U.S at far cheaper cost than resilvering here. They are chromed, but thats OK. The money saved will go into the kitty to pay for the F60.

New shed is now more urgent than ever before.

Tony