View Single Post
Old 04-09-18, 05:14

Default You're late Rob!!

God Rob....I thought you would respond to this quicker than now. Only you would know! Yeah, picked through most of the stuff. That was the last pick axe head they had. I grabbed all the cables that were on the shelf. There are bits of chain here and there, but wasn't sure whether they applied to CMP's. They had boxes of Bren Gun pouches that had a long strap sewn on the bottom of the pouch. Not the usual hardware I've seen. Meant to take a photo, but didn't. They are all marked ZL and T 1940/41 C Broad Arrow and new to boot. Still lots of webbing/parachutes/kit bags/gas mask bags/ammo boxes etc etc etc. Really....it's just one big S...hole. I got into the second warehouse, but was covered with dirt and dust by the time I got out. You can see that on the Jerry Cans. If you know your hardware and all the war time STUFF....it's a 4 hour visit.
Anyway, the price was right. And great complimentary kit for any display. I just have to go out and buy a 25 pounder. Any ideas where I could find one Rob? Robert