View Single Post
Old 30-05-19, 15:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
I talked to the LCMM of MLVW when he was here in Shilo about 5 months back, and asked him specifically about the MLVWs. He said there would be no sales to the public of those trucks, as they were deemed unfit for road use, primarily due ot the brake system.

The ones here in Shilo will be going to the local scrapyard, who are apparently going to be selling parts off them.
Yes that is what I heard too but air over hydraulic is nothing new on the road. There is many vehicle that still use it up to this day and I personally never though the issue was the brakes. If you have them adjusted properly there is no issue. The problem is that there is no auto-adjuster to compensate from the wear and tear and people only care about the minor adjustment for most part and do not adjust the majors.

I believe the trunnions and the steering knuckles are a bigger issue on these vehicle as they cause the vehicle to bounce all over the place and be extremely hard to control.

I have been fixing these vehicle for over 12 years and I currently drive one every single day as part of divestment. I believe with proper maintenance there should be no issue having one of these vehicle on the road as is! I would love to speak to the LCMM of MLVW so I can sell my good MLVW.

I have multiple MLVW that came from 400 THS ( 450) and some from RCD and 2CER and they are RUNNERS and some I would say Pretty GOOD conditions.

My goal is to get these good vehicle to the their rightful owners so they can enjoy them like I enjoy mine every day!