View Single Post
Old 06-02-15, 21:29
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by universalgrl View Post
The rubber grommet # 23 is a perfect fit for the large opening in the # 5 cover. It's the correct size fit for the F rod. but I don't think it would fit the cable going out to the mast.
If you are lucky enough to have both pieces use a good rubber or O ring lubricant (not ky HA HA), the grommet was good but the cover piece was starting to crack.

Here's another question. I have the # 16 ZA 28542 and # 17 ZA 28543 control box for my 38 AFV installation, but I found another # 17 ZA 24891 box that is marked 510 not 38. Would that be for the CDN 510 set.

Both of the first 2 boxes are tropicalized which is a good thing on the west coast as it's currently coming down in biblical sized buckets right now.
Hmmm, I think you'd do better with a leather preservative if the gasket on the cover is starting to crack.

On the control unit front, ZA.24891 is Control Unit No.17 (The original "Mk.1" version and would have had fabric covered dropleads. ZA.28543 is the Mk.1/1 with rubber leads and tropic proofing, while ZA.38153 is the Mk.2 presumably with the WS38 or 88 / WS31 or SR B40 switch.)

The AFV control units (16, 17 and 33 (the last one being for command tanks with 2xWS19 and an AFV set)) were used with the WS38 AFV, WS88AFV, WS31AFV, CPRC-26, and I suspect your example is for the Australian A510. All those sets required an external audio amplifier, and the first three had a combined PSU and AF amplifier unit. I think the CPRC26 relied on dry batteries for power, and probably the A510 did as well. The WS31 had power units/LF amplifiers in both 12 and 24 volt versions, but the WS88 version was only produced in the 12 volt version.

Wireless for the Warrior Volume 2 is your friend for all this stuff.
Louis spent decades researching this stuff and I don't know what we'd do without them.

Chris.