Vets Dottir 2nd

Default Re: Re: I'm back. I think.

Quote:
Originally posted by Howard
Miss You?
I wasn't even aiming for you!
HH
(Welcome back)

Well ... it was a longshot anyways although I was almost blown away the other night ... my/our power was blown out for a few hours. Some others in town and other towns not so lucky. Ouch!

My doors and windows were open when the big wind suddenly hit ... blew all my papers all over my apartment and was prettyscarey for a few minutes ... just as suddenly as it hit, it passed. Incredible ...

(good to be back though)

Quote:
Wednesday, July 4, 2007

NEWS - Downdrafts Caused Friday's Destruction
Downdrafts were the cause of the widespread damage from Friday's severe storm, that wreaked havoc throughout the region... not a tornado. That's the official report from Environment Canada on Tuesday morning.

Meteorologist Gabor Fricska says it was caused by a fairly extensive line of thunderstorms moving up from the US, adding they haven't found any damage tracks consistent with funnel clouds.

He says the winds were out of the southwest, and the way most of the trees fell, suggests that there was no rotation.

Fricksa says the wind, which reached 108 km/h in Cranbrook was consistent with the wind that knocked down many trees in Vancouver's Stanley Park recently.

For the most part, residents in Cranbrook, Kimberley and Fernie and the surrounding area should have both their power and telephone services back up and running as of Tuesday morning.

Crews spent the weekend working to restore power following Friday's severe windstorm.