View Single Post
Old 11-02-16, 04:15

Default Canvas things

My canvas quest is a bit different as I am fitting a C15a but early cab 11 design with the side leather straps fitting on the pins located on the side of the 2B1 box.

I do have a canvas that was made up some years ago in a project championed by Stew Loy. I will be modifying it so the sides can be rolled up leaving just the top for shade. I will not go as far as installing the side windows which on factory pictures look like a copper screen mesh.

Thanks Rob for explaining how the straps are installed.... that makes it a lot easier to retro fit.

David......canvas of good quality is now very hard to find as most is woven off shore in cheap labour areas. A lot of the better one is coming in from India but the heaviest I have seen avaialble is 18 OZ.... finding a distributor that will sell you a few yards is not easy since they order the material in large quantity...... 100 or 500 yards roll.

I know Stew had a hard time getting enough guys to buy in so as to meet the order for the minimum yardage. Mind you tan may be easier than dark OD green. And what ever color you get will bleach out after one Texas Summer so even the current orange canvas will eventually fade to some tan shade. You no doubt will need only a small quantity of canvas as the shelter is small but will require a lot of fancy sewing...... but you have tackled worst before.

I beleive Grant, from the barn, has found some 18 oz OD for his seat covers and will ask him what other shades are available and who has it.

Sure looks funny when the truck drives away and the canvas shelter stays behind.

Cheers

PS I was typing sooo slow Grant passed me in the curve
Canada

Last edited by Bob Carriere; 11-02-16 at 04:35.