View Single Post
Old 01-09-07, 15:36

Default Corowa 2008

I continue........

In addition to the possible 10 AFVs there will obviously be the ten semi trailers that have to get them there. Add that to 140 other vehicles, and it makes for a tight squeeze.

In addition as soon as one vehicle parks on Edward St (next to the Van Park and the parade start point) that road is effectively cut for AFVs. There is no way to get them to the start point.

The return trip if we were at the Van Park would effectively mean we have to come down the main street at a time of maximum traffic congestion. Then we have to secure the AFVs at the start point and get them back to the Van Park at a later time. All this has to be done as an organised move. I have already detailed the convoy procedures for both scenarios and sent them to the committee. The Van Park set up is not obtainable.

The Van Park track along the river is too narrow and at places too soft at the sides. There is a definite possibility that one of these vehicles may turn turtle. Then there is the problem, if there are no injuries, of recovery.

I honestly believe that the Airfield IS the solution. If people do not like this, then you have to seriously consider the pros and cons logically, without letting your heart get in the way.

This could cause a rift in the one event that solidifies us as enthusiasts across the country. Almost all the AFV owners I have spoken to are going to the airfield whether KVE certifies it or not.

We need to act as adults and get this sorted and back on track. John, my offer to be there for your recce is still there. Why not let Keith organise the Airfield on behalf of KVE and KVE send a committee member or representative to assist in the safe control. This would ease the organisational burden on you and the committee.

As I will be bringing possibly two AFVs to this event, I have a vested interest that it runs safely and smoothly. I ask is there a chance that KVE will at least talk to Mr Adam and discuss his proposal at length.

Many AFV owners are holding back entries pending this outcome, which is why KVE is unsure as to proposed numbers.

We as enthusiasts need to look ahead to enhance an already good thing, or we just hold back and not let it grow. Granted this would keep it low key and within the Van Park confines, but is it the way forward?

Last edited by Ian Pullen; 01-09-07 at 15:43.