View Single Post
Old 02-12-04, 16:49
MLU Administrator

Default Re: Field Artillery tractor camo

Quote:
Originally posted by Maurice Donckers
I am wondering if anybody has any pictures of the camouflage used on Quads
Maurice,

According to Mike Starmer's "British AFV Camouflage" and Steve Guthrie's website a CMP in Europe 1942-1944 would be painted according to MTP46, i.e. a two tone scheme usually using the BS987c browns. Basic colour Brown SCC No.2 or Khaki Green No.3 (paint applied by manufacturer) with patterning in SCC No.1A, or alternatively Dark Tarmac No.4. The most common patterning versions were variants of the "Foliage" pattern and the "Mickey Mouse" variant of the Dapple pattern. In October 1943 SCC14, black was authorised as the main tone over SCC2.
In April 1944 SCC15 Olive Drab was authorised for use as the new basic colour and it was used to cover over the old SCC2 in MTP46 patterns or on its own, particularly after the abandonment of pattern painting by August 1944 except on vehicles still in SCC2.

The picture attached here (source) shows an early FAT in the MTP46 pattern. Also make sure to see Colin's scans of MTP 46 Part 4A. For further info I suggest you e-mail Mike Starmer, as he's the most likely person to come up with the exact type of picture you're looking for.

Hope this helps,
Hanno
ref. paint schemes for CMP trucks

Name:  cam2quad.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  11.8 KB