View Single Post
Old 28-02-06, 15:25
carrier mech

The metal plate I have, which is an origional, measures about .140 thick. I don't recall the thickness of the plywood piece, but by those screw lengths, it would have to be at least 1/2", and possibly 5/8" thick.
If I recall correctly, the back seat cushion was not merely stapled to the wood (that would be too simple). It was of the same design as the front seat backrests, with the little lift the dot snaps and studs. I think Brian Asbury had these at one time. Somewhere in my junkbins I think I have a (shrunken) origional.

The grease nipple is just another example of the British armys newfound battledrill. There was a place for everything, and quite often a precise way of using it too. In the manual "The carrier platoon" it even details how to get into the carrier (ie: plece left hand on armour, left foot onto top of track, swing right foot over......) and gives a time limit as to how long it should take.

The grease gun bracket was located on top of the gastank, and the hose would run from the end of the grease gun, up to that bracket. I guess that was better for the hose than curling it around under the seat.