View Single Post
Old 10-01-18, 21:00

Default Memorial Plaque

As James had stated...an amazing piece! You often see similar memorial plaques in older churches. About 10 or more years ago, while attending a performance of Christmas Story at the Church of the Holy Trinity (behind the Eaton Center, downtown Toronto), I noticed such a plaque mounted on a wall inside the church...it was very moving. My background is Ukrainian and hence I grew up attending mass at a Ukrainian Catholic Church(s). I had never seen anything like this in a Ukrainian church and thought that it would be great to have something like this in the church that I currently attend. I approached our parish priest about whether our church would be open to the idea of having something made up and mounted to one of the walls....the response was "most certainly". I put pen to paper, came up with a design and had the plaque made. "Act of Remembrance" is cast into the left side of the plaque with a similar message in Ukrainian for "Remembrance Day" cast into the right side of the plaque. It was mounted on a wall near the front entrance where everyone can see it as they enter church. Our parish priest has always performed a special Remembrance Day ceremony at the front of the church but is now performed in front of the memorial plaque. Christ The Good Shepherd Parish, St. Michaels Ukrainian Catholic Church, 182 Sixth Street, Etobicoke (Toronto), Ontario.
Attached Thumbnails
Remb.Day.Pla.Chrch. 001 (2).jpg   Nov.11 2017 Remebrance Day (3).jpg  
1943 GM HUA (Project)
1962 Daimler Ferret (Sold)