View Single Post
Old 16-07-16, 11:20
Tony Baker

G'day Ken & Cliff,

Good point Ken. From what the seller has said, there is a real risk of seeing these parts lost to scrap, and that would be a shame. I have just about gotten everything usable off my parts truck. Maybe I could finally dispose of that chassis and rescue one of these ones. My Wifes not going to like it, but I think it's a fair thing! One goes, one comes. Can't take em both though. Mind you, there's a chance if I show interest, owner may suddenly feel he has rusty 'gold', if you know what I mean!

Cliff, is that the truck you started do some time ago, when I was there last? I've been thinking about your comment elsewhere that modelling in scale pales compared to full size resto work. I think the modelling work requires some genuine skill/talent you can get away without in 1:1. Precision, for example. My bits dont usually require pruning or shaping to go together. Remember our trip to Maryborough? How excited were those museum guys, to be getting all that work of yours! Without wanting to sound like wizzin in your pocket, I could rebuild a full size MH chassis, but I don't have the patience, skills, or craftsmanship for what you do.

Last edited by Private_collector; 16-07-16 at 11:38.