View Single Post
Old 06-10-15, 19:07
carrier mech

I think part of the reason I suggest it is to avoid the "us and them". We have been a somewhat closed group for a number of years now. It doesn't make us the experts, it just means we managed to register.

When a new guy walks up to a club with his military vehicle and is told to "park it over there by the fence" and away from the main group,he often does not come back a second time. I would hope we can be welcoming of the new blood. We have been seeing the loss of some respected members over the last few years, and it started scaring me to almost see it like the "last post" section of the legion magazine. After all, if we don't get new and younger members into the hobby, then the hobby is doomed. Younger on MLU means anyone younger than 50 these days.

The intro section would hopefully make the newcomer feel welcome, and allow assesment of talent and knowledge both ways: new to old and old to new.

To the new members of MLU who might be reading this, I would like to say welcome. Some fresh perspective is always nice, and I am sure each of you can bring something to the table. There is great exerience on the board, so for sure your contributions will be rewarded tenfold.