View Single Post
Old 03-05-09, 16:59
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default 235 option........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willanthry View Post
G'day Euan,

I acquired a spare engine along with this Blitz, and it was running - when it was placed under a tarp out in the open 50 years ago. Of course, when i found the engine, the tarp was long since rotted away and it was also seized. However, it will be much easier to repair then the other one, which has had some real damage done to it.

Not sure what you mean by the "235 option"; i'm not a mechanic, just an enthusiast, ha ha! I'm learning loads as i work on the truck, however.
Will The original engine from the Factory was a 216 Cubic inch with slinger oil distribution in the engine..The 235 option refers to a Chev 235 Cubic inch engine with an pressure oil system and much better horse power and ease of repair and maintenance..more reliable..
And they are available ,having been used in Chevs for many years after the war..
Some mods are required but the problems and "How to's" can be found right here ..especially welcome are Phil's home page and web site....Phil Waterman that is..
Enjoy and go for the 235...you are miles ahead and will be a very happy camper..