View Single Post
Old 06-05-09, 03:27
Toby Baillie

The Blue Flame does look like a good option in the long run, but i think i will concentrate on simply getting it going first. I've gotten the engine mounting bolts undone, and am simply waiting for a free day for my dad and myself to get it out with a tripod and endless chain. Then i'll be able to get to work scraping all the grease and caked oil off the rest of the front end of the truck. After that, it's simply a matter of getting one of my two engines running, acquiring a six-volt battery and sorting out the electrics. I'll worry about the cosmetics when i have the time and money!

One thing i have been wondering about is the doors on this truck. According to one of the blokes helping me with this restoration, it was modified to have full canvas doors, and may never have had the original solid doors on it. Of course, it doesn't have the canvas doors anymore. I've been tossing up about whether to remove the modifications and get some original doors for it, or get some full canvas doors made for it. What do you people think?