View Single Post
Old 03-04-10, 14:10
Toby Baillie

Default I'm Back

Thank Goodness for the Easter Long Weekend! I'm home for the first time since i left to start my New Entry Officer Course at HMAS "Creswell" in January, and i can catch up with you all.

John Mackie, Dad and myself went for a drive out to Mossgiel today following up rumours of a Ford Blitz out there. Sure enough, there is one, and quite a nice one as well. The bloke whose property it is on says they start it up every so often, and when John inserted the crank handle, the engine turned over with ease. However, I cannot locate a legible ARN number on it, but it's been an army truck, as you'll be able to tell from the photos. Eminently acquirable, but as with everything, there's a hurdle. This Blitz was sold to a chap over 5 years ago, and he never came to get it. The former owner hasn't heard from him for years, and frustratingly, he's lost the contact details of the buyer. So that Blitz, although extremely tempting, will have to sit on the backburner for a while.

My Chev Blitz is going great guns. Thanks very much to Robert Pearce for providing that almost pristine part; the transfer case is now ready to receive the front shaft and to be run without losing all the oil. Apart from that, I haven't had time to do much else with the big girl. Officer training is quite hectic, and weekend leave isn't enough time to get home and back again. But I certainly look forward to getting it to Corowa one of these years!

Anyway, great to catch up with MLU again!
Attached Thumbnails
F3.jpg   F9.jpg   F1.jpg