View Single Post
Old 01-07-10, 08:20
Toby Baillie

Default Whilst on leave....

Hello everyone! I've graduated from the Royal Australian Naval College and I'm back in Hillston on leave and the first thing i had to do was go and look at my new acquisition again! On tuesday, myself and my old man went out to Mossgiel (he couldn't work because of the recent rain) and got the Ford Blitz into a position to be transported home this weekend.

As luck would have it, the Government is spending $1 000 000 on a set of boom gates for a remote railway crossing nearby, and a mate of ours has his digger and lowloader in the area to this end. Thus, we can get the Blitz home, hopefully for nothing more than a carton or two of cans.

We went out to Mossgiel and chucked all the rubbish out of the tray. It appears that a windmill has been stored in the back of it at some time or another, but it's all gone now, and the tray itself has stood up quite well to the elements, with little or no rust except in the usual places superficially. Unfortunately, the two front tyres gave up the ghost not long after being reinflated and promptly deflated, but they stayed up long enough for us to tow the Blitz out of it's hole and out into the open. Looking forward to this weekend!

I also visited John Mackie yesterday and watched last year's Corowa DVD; i was, as usual, extremely impressed with the production and the vehicles; it never ceases to amaze me that vehicles like the Buffalo actually float!

My Chev is coming along slowly; i haven't been home, and i can't really attempt anything ambitious on it at the moment because of time constraints. I'm just giving it some TLC, and re-arranging it's shelter; i found a tarp big enough to cover the whole truck, which is much better indeed.