Thread: 1942 cmp f15a
View Single Post
Old 05-06-22, 15:34
GM Fox I

Category 1, restored and running, desirable so long as its not too big. Jeeps, carriers up to 15cwts probably, after that the market drops off quickly.

Category 2, older restorations let sit, hopefully inside. Will need brakes, tires, maybe a replacement windshield for that cracked one and paint to freshen it up. These can be great to start with unless the price is full retail.

Category 3, the 'will get to it one day' truck that was stripped to the chassis 35 years ago and all the parts are....somewhere. If you're lucky the owner has collected all the pretty NOS bits over those 35 years and they too are in boxes with the mouse poop...somewhere. Not for the feint of heart and best be in the right place to get it from the family or it's off the the scrapper. In my opinion there are way more trucks in this category than any other.

Category 4, complete-ish trucks left where they last ran and in the weather since. Maybe good for some of the cast or axle parts because by now the rest will be rotten through and through (unless you live out west).

Category 5, "what am I looking at? Are there the remains of a truck in that rust pile with the trees growing out of it?"