Thread: 1942 cmp f15a
View Single Post
Old 18-02-23, 00:01

so i got to work on the rear drums. used my puller and some light heat to ease them off. once they were off i was pleasantly surprised that the brake shoes were in real good shape. in fact they were relined at some point and showed little wear. i lubed up the cams and adjusters and got the shoes moving. the drums were also in good shape. although i didn't measure them, the bevel was still present on the wear surface so they haven't been turned down much, if at all. the drums had some heavy rust and general crud that had bonded to them. a little light grinding with a soft pad cleaned them up good. when i'm ready to rebuild the rear brakes i will send the drums out to be turned nice. so now the truck rolls easy with 2 people pushing it. i had lucked out in that the front wheels rolled easy when i got the truck. when i had the truck up on the lift i lubed it and every grease fitting took grease, it was a good sign that this truck was taken care of, even though it sat for a long time. now it's ready to come home start the restoration.
Attached Thumbnails
f15a-13.jpg   f15a-14.jpg   20230128_163504.jpg   20230129_142303.jpg   f15a-16.jpg