View Single Post
Old 24-01-18, 07:16

Default Numbers and wading skirts

David you are correct that there was no provision for a wading skirt on JXW32. The one posted coming out of the water is the Infantry carrier version of the Cambridge with the open top (as seen top left of this page). The headlights are different on the APC vs the Arty OP version. I believe the reason the numbers on JXW32 show it as the first prototype is because it is the first artillery Observation Post version to be built. Mine has the headlights in the lower position between the front fenders and it also has the wading skirt still attached (rotted away) but I don't have anywhere near as much info on the APC version that I have on the Arty OP. The wading skirt does not appear to have been a carry over so I will likely do away with it. The headlights were long gone but the mounts are still there on mine. If you look on page one of this thread you can see the difference in the fronts of the two versions. The arty OP version has a better look to it (my opinion) and the starting point of the restoration is the same. Complete strip and sandblast.
I hope that helps answer that.