View Single Post
Old 20-10-17, 21:01

Default Canadian Dodge

Howard Wade of Rusty Bits is carrying out the restoration of the cab and running gear, and as can be seen good progress has been made, the chassis is now stripped and mounted in the frame ready for sand blasting and painting.
One concern we have is the possible low speed of the truck for today's traffic, the truck is fitted with the 2 speed rear axle, has anyone driven one of these trucks with this axle? As a potential option does anyone know if another Dodge model could provide an alternative rear axle with a higher ratio? whilst I do not expect to be travelling at 60mph, to be safe I would like to be able to achieve 40-45mph without making the truck suffer, I believe there is also a 5 speed gearbox fitted to some of these models, does anyone know if the top gear in the 5 speed is higher ratio than the top gear of a 4 speed box? I do not want to fit larger tyres than the 10.50x16 currently fitted as I would like the truck to look aesthetically correct. Any info or pointers would gratefully received!
Kevin
Attached Thumbnails
strip 1.jpg   strip 2.jpg   strip 5.jpg