View Single Post
Old 27-09-14, 04:49

Default 19 set shock mounts .....

Hoping there is sufficent interest to create a separate thread.... that will be easier to search for in the future.

I have a 19 set that is on need of the four corner canvass / rubber shock mounts.

My set up as the typical wooden board with the metal tray and the canvass hold down straps..... no corner shock mounts.

From what I has een on other sets it looks like a heavy canvass.....almost like a fabric fire fighter hose thathas been flattened and dip in some preservative.

As Rob pointed out they are hard, dried up and offer hardly any shock absorbing capacity.

I last saw a full set of four on Ebay for $100.00 US ...... great for autothenticity but not for the well beign of the radio.

What have others used to replace, reproduce, rejuvinate, substitute .....for the corner mounts....?

Any ideas how they were made originally... canvas obviously but dipped in what???

Would a section of military web belt be adequate cut and folded 90 degrees...but not very resilient to shocks...

A section of fire fighter canvass hose..?

How about a section of flat rubberized agrcultural belting used on the old trashing machines....some are canvass impregnated with rubber...... or a oiec fo rubber conveyor belting.....

Ideas...suggestions..

Cheers
Canada